Attorney at Law
I take pride in defending Servicemembers, Veterans, and residents of Minnesota.
Attorney Michael J. Millios graduated from Loyola University in Maryland and commissioned in the Army in 2003. He later graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2006. Mr. Millios served as an Army JAG on active duty for eight years before opening his own law firm.
As a defense lawyer in the Army, he defended service members charged with criminal offenses ranging from misdemeanor-level crimes all the way to felony-level charges at trial and on appeal. Mr. Millios is a member of the bar in the Minnesota, Maryland, and New Jersey, and is able to practice in all military courts. Mr. Millios is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. Mr. Millios continues to serve as an officer in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Experienced Trial and Appellate Lawyer
As an experienced advocate in the courtroom and on appeal, Mr. Millios is the ideal attorney to fight for you during your time of need. Before starting his own law firm, Mr. Millios developed his litigation experience serving in the following positions.
- Baltimore County Rule 16 Prosecutor
- Special Assistant United States Attorney (Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia)
- Military Prosecutor at the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), U.S. Army,Fort Campbell, KY
- Defense Lawyer, U.S. Army Trial Defense Services, Fort Drum, NY
- Appellate Defense Lawyer, U.S. Army Defense Appellate Division, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Capital and Complex Appellate Defense Lawyer, U.S. Army Defense Appellate Division, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Minnesota, 2015
- Maryland, 2006
- New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- U.S. Military Circuit Courts, 2013
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 2006
Honors: magna cum laude
- Loyola University, Baltimore, Maryland
Major: Political Science
- Appellate Defense Counsel , Military Public Defender, 2013 - 2015
- Trial Defense Counsel, Military Public Defender, 2011 - 2013
- Special Assistant United States Attorney and Administrative Law Attorney, 2009 - 2011
- Prosecutor, Administrative Law Attorney, and Part-Time Magistrate, 2007 - 2009
- U.S. Army, Army JAG